Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Riding for fun--busting Nate's hundy cherry

We decided to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and get a 100 miles in--Nate's first-ever and my first of a new goal to do at least one 100-mile ride each month. I think we figured it was something like the 12th one Chris has done this year. I think I can speak for all of us --we had a blast!

Chris, Nate and I

Absolutely gorgeous day.

We were bummed when we got to Cobleskill only to find that the coffee shop was closed--we pushed on another 15 or so miles and had to eat at Stewart's. I opted for the above meal which hit the spot.

Nate, on the other hand, opted for the "less traditional" meal of two chili dogs--absolutely the most impressive thing I saw all day. Yes, Nate was relegated to riding in back.

A little premature but the chocolate milk sure did taste good.

As we rolled into Cooperstown, we all had differing mileage so we rode around town until we all had an official 100.00 on the computer.

We finished in the dark and headed to my house for an awesome dinner with the entire Cook, Sentz and Jones clans--hope to do it again soon.

No comments: