Monday, September 13, 2010

The real hillclimber of the day

Phoebe wanted to go for a bike ride when we got home from Mt. Greylock, so I asked her if she wanted to ride up Chicken Farm Hill. She said sure and off we went. I knew this was going to be tough for her, as it is for most adults let alone a 6 year old, but she killed "almo" hill several days ago so I figured why not give it a try.

According to mapmyride.com, the actual climb she did was 0.7 miles starting with 6% and finishing at 17%--not sure how accurate this is, but you get the point. She started to climb from Main Street and stopped at the corner on the dirt section--pretty amazing--I had to continually tell her to slow down as I was afraid she was going to poop out. I'm so unbelievably proud of her!!! She wants to do it again with BooBoo--can't wait!

1 comment:

suemagill said...

Go Phoebe!! Chicken Farm Hill is way cool!!!