Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No more rest!

Yes, Obi-Wan, I have been transported here to work on the house--man is it slow going! Back to the shop tomorrow to finish up some of the window crown for the bedroom--we'll finally have the bedroom windows done and on to the bathroom.

It feels like it's been awhile since I have trained hard. I think my taper was preceded by a rest week and the ToB was followed by a rest week so it's been about a month since I have had a lot of volume and intensity. The next two months are loaded with both--I'm kind of excited as my training is all focused on Mt. Washington and raising my LT. That means a lot of time doing intervals.

Looking down my new home away from home on the bike--Cornish Hill is steep and takes pretty darn close to 5 mins to climb at threshold wattage.

Today I went out with Chris for about an hour and a half and then headed over to Cornish Hill for the day's real suffering.

I got in 9x 5 mins at 300-310 watts with the only rest being the ride down hill, which was about a minute. I'm going to try to do this workout twice a week until Mt. Washington--hopefully this will morph the legs and up the threshold--we'll see.

No comments: