Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rest and Recovery has been fun --but I'm ready to ride.

Not much going on around here in the last couple of days. I've been working a bunch, Phoebe made it through her operation like a champ and they have only worked on the house two days this week because of the snow. I must say I'm getting pretty good at "resting," which is the politically correct way of saying not riding at all--going a bit stir crazy though, so I guess it's a good thing the training season starts tomorrow. What does that mean exactly? Well, for the next six weeks it's "preparation," basically time to get the ole' body ready for more intense workouts in the weeks to come. I've got about nine hours a week of Z1/Z2 riding mixed in with some cross-training and core work-outs. I'm actually really excited about going it alone without a coach--the key will be accountability to myself without going insane, not pushing too hard and flexibility--yeah, we'll see how that goes.

Hanging with my peoples.

Phoebe insists that Wii Fit is cross-training.

Very proud to show off her new hardware--the operation left her mouth looking like she is a gangsta. In her estimation, the Tooth fairy owes her about sixty bucks.

I was thinking maybe I would go for a ride today. It was 36 degrees and dry so I went out to recon the roads--looks like I'm not the only one not riding.

So much for riding outside--now I'm thinking about leisure again--it did not take long for the snow to return.

No comments: