Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm weak and working on getting fat

Why am I weak? I actually was dressed to ride, downstairs putting my shoes on when the plea came. Cora looked so in need when she very quietly asked if I would take her and the Baby Don downtown to get a burger. I said yes and man was it good!

We figured we would walk and if you haven't figured it out by now, Max is the youngest crotchety old man you've ever met, so of course he gave us an earful about the snow, the cold and having to exert himself.

We walked a quarter-mile down the street to Cooley's, which in my opinion, is the best burger in Cooperstown. I was also craving their sweet potato fries.

We made peace with the crotchety old man by getting him a root beer in a "big boy cup." Not only were we amazed that he didn't puke after drinking the whole thing, it was quite surprising that he didn't spill it all over the place.

The little guy didn't seem to be too interested in his chicken fingers, but the fries sure were a big hit, with extra ketchup, of course. No worries, though, 'cause Cora and I were all to happy to scarf up the chicken fingers. After all, go big or go home. Notice the annihilation of the mammoth bacon cheeseburger in the upper right corner. Go, Cora, go!

I wish I could tell you that I exercised some restraint, but my burger went bye-bye in a hurry and as you can see, there weren't very many sweet potato fries left either. All in all, we had a great time with Max.

We froze our arses off on the walk home. Unfortunately the walk wasn't long enough to even make a dent in the 2,500 useless calories I just consumed. Yeah, well ...

No comments: