Monday, January 4, 2010

WTF??? Slap Chop? How about a golden Slap Chop for you?

I'm not sure what to make of Big Dave's offer to get me a Slap Chop for my birthday. I have to be honest, I didn't know what it was at first and I originally imagined something much more devious than a kitchen utensil. But my thought was closely related to tossed salad, for what that's worth.




The most offensive part of this gift-giving foray is that now I can't get the damn remix song out of my head. SSSSSlapp-CCCHHHoppppp!

On a more serious note, today is January 4th and that marks the beginning of Big Dave's training season. So here's to you, big man, enjoy your hour and a half--don't let me find out that you took another day off or you're going to find yourself awarded a big Golden Slap Chop. Just remember, the guys down at the station are pulling for you! You'll find your weekly training schedule posted on the blog-I figure if I make your training a public endeavor, it may provide a little more motivation for you. Your brother from another mother is OUT. Peace.

And p.s. no bullshit about the -17 degrees today--that's no excuse--get yourself some Belgian kneewarmers and a little Belgian mix, while you're at it. Motivational thoughts for the day: 21 switchbacks, 13.1 kilometers, average 8% grade, <60 minutes--7 months and four days. Tick tock.

No comments: