Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I wasn't killing it today!

I've been meaning to have a go at a best time on Frail's loop (the first in the 10/24 post below) for the last 6 weeks or so. I put it on the training calender for today and tried to get myself psyched to beat my time of 44:19 from last year. It was a clear and cool day--just about perfect for a best time, so I conned Cora and the kids into following along in the car with the race radios. Phoebe's soft voice in my ear saying "I love you Daddy, but you should go faster now" was most inspirational.

Coming over the top of Murphy Hill already a minute and twenty seconds behind. Cora was screaming "You're killin' it!" Unfortunately, I was already killed--the legs were done.

Working my way over Blacks Rd--watching the watts melt away--yesterday's LT intervals had yet to leave my legs, making this a most painful day.

The radio set up works like a charm. It's fun having the crew talk me up while riding--if only they could have made me a bit faster today--I finished in an anemic 50:06. Still a fair bit better than the 1 hr 15 mins from three years ago.

No comments: